The Ilmari Project is not a Viestikallio Project, this just happened to be a place where we could host these web-pages...
SUPER ILMARI REALITY CHECK meeting number 4
2002-11-28 at 17:30 - 21:00 EET
Location after last-moment change: Datatie OY auditorium, Malmi, Helsinki
- Going thru notes of (Lab-3) session
- Puzzling over FUCHS-antenna (OH2LH)
In the end the consensus became that this is an end-fed Hertz (1/2 Lambda) antenna where the high-impedance adapting circuitry uses a number of parasitic capacitances, and therefore the circuitry looks odd.
- 80m beacon-TX prototype works
- Translator has been photographed, demoed, and QSOed. Changes for improvements were also noted. (OH1LRY, OH2AUE)
AUE email (finnish) ->
AUE's Ilmari page, where among others:
whole translator from above,
translator VHF receiver,
translator UHF driver.
Also audio-samples of QSO tests.
- The Tx itself at OH2LAK's lab
- Problems in the 1.3 GHz PA; rats-nest prototype yields twice the power what "production unit" does. Embarassing...
- Antennas are serious problem.
(Latter OH2AUE reported having solved the cross-dipole feed problem.)
OH2AUE's Ilmari page (see about Lambda/12 transformers)
- Balloons are being asked (OH1MQK)
- Tether-cutter: OH1MRH takes task of making a tether cutter (burner)
- OH2JMS: Power supply designs for subsystems: -18V, +3.0V, +5V
- OH1MRH: tether cutter/burner
- OH1MQK: Looking for commercial palloons
- Next meeing location:
2003-01-18 TTKK, TAMPERE
(Usually these meetings have been in the evenings during the week (mon-thu), now initial plan was Friday evening, as AUE wants to keep weekends free, while Team Tampere suggested Saturnday daytime (afternoon).